Learn more about this year's event. You can review last year's 2023 Royal Agenda to get a Taste of the 'Chase!
There are many exciting and fun things to do right after the gates open that you won’t want to miss!
Put these on your to-do list for the day:
- Visit the yellow and white souvenir tents.
- Register for the 26th Annual Premier Med Spa & IV Hydration Queen’s Cup Hat Contest emceed by WSOC anchor, Scott Wickersham. Sign up behind the Parade Ring in the infield near the finish line.
- Purchase Raffle Tickets – 100% of the net revenue goes to the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Enter the Tailgate Contest by 11:30 at the Infield Souvenir Tent
- Ride the ponies courtesy of the Mecklenburg Hounds (only $5.00 a ride)
- Tour the Military Display Courtesy of Bravo Battery, 1st Battalion, 113th Field Artillery
- Corgi Racing, starting at 11:30 in the infield below the Infield parking tailgates
- The Final Heat will occur at 1:40 pm at the finish line in front of Member’s Hill
- Order great food in Brooklandwood Village from one of the most popular food trucks in the Charlotte area, OooWeeBBQ. Looking for a sweet to calm the heat or tastebuds? King of Pops is back once again
- Watch the Renew Med Spa on Main Opening Ceremonies featuring The Mecklenburg Hounds, Color Guard, Grandfather Mountain Highlanders Pipe Band, an Invocation and The United States of America’s National Anthem.
10:00 am to about 2:30 pm
Pony Rides (for kids)
The Mecklenburg Hounds Pony Rides continue the tradition of kids enjoying their day at the Queen’s Cup. Bring the little ones to the races and let them enjoy a ride on a pony. For many kids, this will be their first time on top of a pony much less a horse. Hosted and managed by the Mecklenburg Hounds, Inc. Only $5.00 a ride!
11:30 AM (Infield) 1:40 pm (Final) in front of Member' Hill Finish Line
FIRST TIME EVER! Join the Charlotte Corgi Club in the Infield to watch the corgis race! They’re located below the “Croup” parking area. At 1:40 pm, turn your eyes to the finish line below Member’s Hill as the Corgis line up for the FINAL with “winner takes all”. How much fun will this be?
PLEASE NOTE: Corgis not registered in advance to compete, dog owners should NOT bring their dogs and/or pets to the race grounds.
Talk about fun to watch and fun to participate, at 11:45 am, judging begins for the 26th Annual Premier Med Spa & IV Hydration Queen’s Cup Hat Contest The contest will be emceed by WSOC anchor Scott Wickersham. Prizes will be awarded for hand-decorated hats in these three categories: Men, Women and Children. You may download the Hat Contest Entry Form below, fill it out in advance and bring it along with you when you enter the Hat Contest on race day.
Download the 2023 Hat Contest Entry Form
Then at 12:30 pm, you can’t miss the Renew Med Spa on Main Queen’s Cup Opening Ceremonies featuring The Mecklenburg Hounds’ Walking of the Hounds, Color Guard by Brav0 Battery, 1st Battalion, 113th Field Artillery, Grandfather Mountain Highlanders Pipe Band, an Invocation and The National Anthem.
Judging of the 26th Annual Queen’s Cup Tailgate Contest. Prizes will be awarded in four categories this year: Most Elegant, Most Whimsical and Most Creative, Pick a category, get those creative juices flowing, and plan to win! Judging takes place from 12:oopm to 1:00 pm on Race Day; winners are announced at approximately 2:15pm.
Download your entry form here and bring it to the Infield Souvenir Tent in Brooklandwood Village no later than 11:30am the day of the race.
2023 Tailgate Contest Entry Form
Please note: Times of races are approximate and subject to change without notice.
4:00 PM - 5th Race
The EASYFIX EQUINE Future Champions Turf Race
The EasyFix Equine Future Champions Flat Race going One Mile and 1/4 miles on the turf, the same distance of the KY Derby on the dirt.
Approximate time 3:35-3:50 PM Race Day
The 2023 QUEEN'S CUP Alzheimer's
"WIN-PLACE-SHOW" Raffle Drawing
Support the Alzheimer’s Association by purchasing a 2023 Queen’s Cup WIN-PLACE-SHOW Raffle ticket! 100% of the net proceeds go to the Alzheimer’s Association. You may pre-purchase by using our online store or buy tickets on Race Day from one of our roaming raffle sellers or from a souvenir tent. Better yet…why not do both? Raffle Tickets are only $20 each for a chance to win $10,000 in cash!
Only one winner per raffle item. See raffle ticket for more prize details, rules and restrictions.
After the Last Race, begins approx. 4:15 pm
The 26th Annual
Hot Walk Party
A perfect way to finish off the afternoon. All Patrons are invited to make their way to the huge white tent on Member’s Hill and celebrate the conclusion of another fine day of tailgating and professional horse racing. It’s the 26th Annual Hot Walk Party and the only way to complete a day-long spring celebration is with 2 hours of live non-stop music by THE KINGDADDY BAND. Cash Bar and free hors d’oeuvres compliments of QC CATERING and no there is Cover Charge. This is an event not to be missed!
Please Note: Attendees of the Hot Walk Party are NOT permitted to bring food, drinks or coolers to Member’s Hill or the Hot Walk Party.
Plan to join us next year as we celebrate our 27th Anniversary, Saturday, April 27th, 2024. Always the last Saturday in April!
The 26th Annual Queen's Cup Contests
The 2023 Queen’s Cup Win-Place-Show Alzheimer’s Raffle
Take a chance at winning a grand prize WIN of $10,000, $1,000 for the PLACE and $100 for the SHOW, all while supporting our charity partner, The Alzheimer’s Association, by purchasing one or more raffle tickets! Only $20 per raffle ticket! You may pre-purchase using our online store or buy tickets Race Day. You do not have to be present to win!
Only one winner per raffle item. See raffle ticket for more prize details and restrictions. Buy Raffle Tickets
The 26th Annual Queen’s Cup Hat Contest
- Contestants must register in the infield behind the Parade Ring between 10:00 am to 11:30 am race day.
- Hat Contest begins promptly at 11:45 am, and will be emceed by WSOC anchor, Scott Wickersham.
- Prizes will be awarded in three categories
- Hats must be hand decorated to be eligible to win in the Men’s, Women’s, & Children’s categories. Plan now to don the most fabulous hat ever!
Download Entry Form: 2023 Hat Contest Form
The 26th Annual Queen’s Cup Tailgate Contest
Prizes will be awarded in three categories:
- Most Elegant
- Most Creative
- Most Whimsical.
Download your entry form HERE and bring it to the Infield Souvenir Tent in Brooklandwood Village no later than 11:30 am race day. Judging takes place from 12 noon – 1:00 pm race day. Winners will be announced at 2:15 pm. The Judge’s decision is final!