Learn more about this year's event. The 2022 Royal Agenda is here!
There are many exciting and fun things to do right after the gates open that you won’t want to miss!
Put these on your to-do list for the day:
- Visit the yellow and white souvenir tents.
- Register for the 25th Annual Queen’s Cup Hat Contest emceed by WSOC anchor, Scott Wickersham. Sign up behind the Parade Ring in the infield near the finish line.
- Purchase Raffle Tickets – 100% of the net revenue goes to the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Enter the Tailgate Contest by 11:30 at the Infield Souvenir Tent
- Ride the ponies courtesy of the Mecklenburg Hounds (only $5.00 a ride)
- Tour the Military Display Courtesy of Bravo Battery, 1st Battalion, 113th Field Artillery
- Order great food in Brooklandwood Village from one of the most popular food trucks in the Charlotte area, OooWeeBBQ. Look over their 2022 Queen’s Cup menu.
10:00 am to 3:30 pm
Pony Rides (for kids)
The Mecklenburg Hounds Pony Rides continue the tradition of kids enjoying their day at the Queen’s Cup. Bring the little ones to the races and let them enjoy a ride on a pony. Hosted by the Mecklenburg Hounds, Inc. and sponsored by Mark Ficken Lincoln. Only $5.00 a ride!
10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Jack Russell Terrier Races
Join the Carolina Jack Russell Terrier Club in the Infield to watch the Jack Russells race! They’re located below the Croup parking area. For details on how to enter your terrier, please go to http://www.cjrtc.com. The deadline for entries is April 20, 2022. PLEASE NOTE: Those Jack Russell Terriers not registered in advance to compete, dog owners should not bring their dogs and/or pets to the race grounds.
11:45 AM & 12:30 pm
& Opening Ceremonies
At 11:45 am, judging begins for the Hat Contest. The contest will be emceed by WSOC anchor, Scott Wickersham. Prizes will be awarded for hand-decorated hats in these three categories: Men, Women and Children. Then we’ve added a new category for our Silver Jubilee–Most Royal! The Most Royal entries can be store-bought and do not have to be hand-decorated.
Then at 12:30 pm, you should not miss the Opening Ceremonies that features The Mecklenburg Hounds’ Walking of the Hounds, with Color Guard by Bravy Battery, 1st Battalion, 113th Field Artillery, Grandfather Mountain Highlanders Pipe Band, an Invocation and The National Anthem.
Judging of the Queen’s Cup Silver Jubilee Tailgate Contest. Prizes will be awarded in four categories this year: Most Elegant, Most Whimsical, Most Creative, and for our Silver Jubilee Best “Silver Jubilee” themed tailgate! Pick a category, get those creative juices flowing, and plan to win!
Judging takes place from 12:oopm to 1:00pm on Race Day, and winners are announced at 2:15pm.
Download your entry form here and bring it to the Infield Souvenir Tent in Brooklandwood Village no later than 11:30am the day of the race.
Please note: Times of races are approximate and subject to change without notice.
Approximate time 3:35-3:50 PM Race Day
The SILVER JUBILEE WIN-PLACE-SHOW Alzheimer's Raffle Drawing
Support the Alzheimer’s Association by purchasing a Silver Jubilee raffle ticket! 100% of the net proceeds go to the Alzheimer’s Association of Western NC. You may pre-purchase by using our online store or buy tickets on Race Day from one of our roaming raffle sellers or from a souvenir tent. Better yet…why not do both? Raffle Tickets are only $25 each for a chance to win $25,000 in cash!
Only one winner per raffle item. See raffle ticket for more prize details and restrictions.
After the Last Race
The Silver Jubilee Hot Walk Party
Presented by Merrill
The Hot Walk Party, sponsored by MERRILL. All Patrons are invited to the Clubhouse (the big tent on Member’s Hill) to finish off our Silver Jubilee celebration with 2 hours of live non-stop music by THE KINGDADDY BAND. Cash Bar and free hors d’oeuvres compliments of QUEEN CITY CATERING. No Cover Charge! Please note: Attendees of the Hot Walk Party are not permitted to bring food, drinks or coolers to the Hot Walk Party.
Plan to join us next year as we celebrate our 26th Anniversary, Saturday, April 29th, 2023. Always the last Saturday in April!
The 25th Annual Queen's Cup Contests
The Silver Jubilee Alzheimer’s Win-Place-Show Raffle
Take a chance at winning a grand prize WIN of $25,000, $2,500 for the PLACE or $250 for the SHOW, all while supporting our charity partner, Alzheimer’s Association, by purchasing a raffle ticket! Only $25 per raffle ticket! You may pre-purchase using our online store or buy tickets Race Day. You do not have to be present to win!
Only one winner per raffle item. See raffle ticket for more prize details and restrictions. Buy Raffle Tickets
The 25th Annual Queen’s Cup Hat Contest
- Contestants must register in the infield behind the Parade Ring between 10:00 am to 11:30 am day of race.
- Hat Contest begins promptly at 11:45 am, and will be emceed by WSOC anchor, Scott Wickersham.
- This year for our Silver Jubilee prizes will be awarded in four categories. Hats must be hand decorated to be eligible to win in the Men’s, Women’s, & Children’s catagories. But in our new category–Most Royal, the hats can be store bought! Plan now to don the most fabulous hat ever!
The Silver Jubilee Queen’s Cup Tailgate Contest
Prizes will be awarded in four categories: Silver Jubilee themed, Most Elegant, Most Creative, and Most Whimsical. Download your entry form here and bring it to the Infield Souvenir Tent in Brooklandwood Village no later than 11:30 am day of race.
Judging takes place from 12 noon – 1:00 pm day of race. Winners will be announced at 2:15pm. The judge’s decision is final.
Download Entry: 2022 Tailgate Contest Form